Public Works & Utilities Home

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

 "We Are Here to Serve You"

Public Works & Utilities serves a growing population of over 40,000 residents and businesses.

The Department is responsible for a wide range of infrastructure maintenance, operations, and civil engineering services to our citizens involving street transportation and traffic control, storm runoff and surface water management, drinking water distribution, sewage collection and conveyance, and wastewater treatment.  

The Department also provides many critical internal services for the organization such as the maintenance of City buildings and facilities as well as the management of a diverse fleet of light and heavy equipment and vehicles.

These services are provided through the department's seven functional divisions operating out of the Public Works Operations & Maintenance Center, the regional Edmonds Wastewater Treatment Plant, and the second floor of City Hall.

Public Works & Utilities Frequently Asked Questions

Winter Storm Response

icesnow logo2City crews work hard to keep you safe and on the road during winter storms.  You'll often see crews working around the clock just ahead of and during heavy freeze/snow storms.  Anti-Ice applications are applied to roadways just ahead of the freeze in an effort to keep ice from building up on the pavement.  Roads are then maintained after the snowfall to remove snow, apply sand and close unpassable road sections.  You can follow the Edmonds Public Works Twitter feed for up to date information on road closures and storm response.


PDFSnow Route Map

PDFAnti-Ice Route Map

Snow Removal  Anti Ice Routes
Have an emergency situation to report?

During normal working hours please contact the Public Works Department at 425.771.0235

For AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES: Call 911 - the operator will dispatch a utility crew member as required.

How do I report a street light problem?

If the problem street light is within the City of Edmonds, please try and write down the Street Light Number (S-xxxxx) found on the underside of the light head and the physical address of the street light, then provide this information to Public Works customer service at (425) 771-0235 or  The Snohomish County PUD requires that the City provide the Street Light Number to correctly identify the problem street light and to ensure a timely repair.

Street Light photo-450x250

Street light outages outside the City of Edmonds in the unincorporated Esperance area can be reported by completing the Snohomish County PUD's street light problem form.  The button below will take you to that form.

street light button

How can I find out what's in my drinking water?

Every year the Department issues an annual water quality report that contains detailed information about your drinking water as required by the Environmental Protection Agency. To view the most recent report, click on the button below.

Water Quality Report Button

How do I request roadside vegetation trimming?

If you'd like to report overgrown vegetation that is in the City's right-of-way along streets or alleys and may be causing traffic or pedestrian safety concerns, please call our customer service hotline at (425) 771-0235 or email us at

How can I dispose of my unwanted trash item?

Every day we generate things we don't want anymore.  What options do we have for our unwanted items?  Click here to find out!

How do I file my annual BAT report?

After your backflow assembly device has been tested by a certified backflow assembly tester registered with the City (click here for the current list), your test report can be mailed to us at 7110 210th St SW, Edmonds, WA 98026, faxed to us at (425) 744-6057, or emailed directly to our Water Quality Technician at

Where do I find Calls for Bid, RFPs, or RFQs?

All of the active calls for bids, requests for proposals, and/or requests for qualifications issued by the City of Edmonds are posted on the City's website.  Please click here to go to that page. Public Works & Utilities Department capital projects are also advertised in the Daily Journal of Commerce and The Everett Herald.

How do I get a utility as-built?

Utility asbuilts for your property may be found on the City's GIS web map.  Follow this link: and use the search bar in the upper right of the map to search for the property address in question.  An asbuilt can be found in one of two ways:

1) After searching for an address a "search results" tab appears on the lower left side of the map and you can click directly on the asuillt link if one is available.

2) If you do not see a direct link or are searching multiple properties, choose the "layers" tab on the lower left side of the map.  Various layer options will appear.  Zoom into the desired property and make sure the asbuilt layer is selected.  If there is an asbuilt associated with the property, an icon will appear on the map.  Use the "Identify" tool to select and view any asbuilts.

If you are unable to use the GIS map, please call the City Permit Center at (425) 771-0220 or send an email to:

Where can I charge my electric vehicle in the City?

Did you know there are several charging stations for electrical vehicles available in Edmonds?  Click the button below to search an up-to-date map for one near you!

Electric Vehicle Charging Map Button

Contact Public Works

Public Works & Utilities Administration
Operations & Maintenance Center
7110 210th St SW
Edmonds, WA  98026

Phone: (425) 771-0235
Fax: (425) 744-6057 

Public Hours:
8:00am to 4:30pm M-F
Closed Weekends and Holidays

For Emergencies Call 911

Wastewater Treatment Plant
200 2nd Ave S
Edmonds, WA 98020

Phone: (425) 771-0237
Fax: (425) 771-0255

Public Works Engineering Division
City Hall - Second Floor
121 5th Ave N
Edmonds, WA 98020

Phone: (425) 771-0220
Fax: (425) 672-5750

Public Hours:
8:00am to 4:30pm - M, T, Th, F
Wed 8:30am to Noon

Closed Weekends and Holidays

Engineering Capital Project Staff
Engineering Development Staff